Ryan Murphy lands Julianne Moore for Running With Scissors
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
Julianne Moore (soon to appear in the gay-inclusive films Far From Heaven and The Hours) will star in a feature adaptation of Augusten Burroughs's autobiographical novel Running With Scissors, which will be written and directed by out Popular creator Ryan Murphy, according to Variety. Moore will play the writer's mother, a bipolar poet with delusions of grandeur who becomes a patient of an unorthodox psychiatrist in the mid 1970s. Murphy is also slated to direct Why Can't I Be Audrey Hepburn? from his own script, for Warner Bros. early next year.
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'