Ryan Murphy lands Julianne Moore for Running With Scissors
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
Julianne Moore (soon to appear in the gay-inclusive films Far From Heaven and The Hours) will star in a feature adaptation of Augusten Burroughs's autobiographical novel Running With Scissors, which will be written and directed by out Popular creator Ryan Murphy, according to Variety. Moore will play the writer's mother, a bipolar poet with delusions of grandeur who becomes a patient of an unorthodox psychiatrist in the mid 1970s. Murphy is also slated to direct Why Can't I Be Audrey Hepburn? from his own script, for Warner Bros. early next year.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination