8 Women and Talk to Her to battle it out at European Film Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 09 2002 1:00 AM ET
Nominations have been announced for the 2002 European Film Awards, and two of the Best Picture contenders come from gay filmmakers, reports indieWIRE.com. François Ozon's 8 Women and Pedro Almodóvar's Talk to Her are in contention, along with Aki Kaurismaki's The Man Without a Past, Peter Mullan's The Magdalene Sisters, Roman Polanski's The Pianist, and Lilja 4-Ever from director Lukas Moodysson, whose previous films include the gay-inclusive Show Me Love and Together. Almodóvar is also up for Best Director, and 8 Women's ensemble cast is collectively nominated as Best Actress. The awards will be handed out December 7 in Rome.
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits
- Federal Judge Rules Florida's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional