8 Women and Talk to Her to battle it out at European Film Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 09 2002 1:00 AM ET
Nominations have been announced for the 2002 European Film Awards, and two of the Best Picture contenders come from gay filmmakers, reports indieWIRE.com. François Ozon's 8 Women and Pedro Almodóvar's Talk to Her are in contention, along with Aki Kaurismaki's The Man Without a Past, Peter Mullan's The Magdalene Sisters, Roman Polanski's The Pianist, and Lilja 4-Ever from director Lukas Moodysson, whose previous films include the gay-inclusive Show Me Love and Together. Almodóvar is also up for Best Director, and 8 Women's ensemble cast is collectively nominated as Best Actress. The awards will be handed out December 7 in Rome.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel