GLAAD gives Eminem a pass
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 12 2002 1:00 AM ET
MSNBC.com columnist Jeannette Walls reports that the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation has no plans to protest 8 Mile, the hit movie starring controversial rapper Eminem. "His last album [The Eminem Show] didn't contain homophobic lyrics the way his other one did," said a GLAAD spokesperson. "We were always protesting the lyrics, not the man."
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Harvey Milk Day: First Park in Nation Named for Rights Pioneer 43 sec ago
- Entertainment News Karl Lagerfeld's Cat Has A Better Life Than You 34 min 26 sec ago
- Health News AIDS Deaths Plummet In Africa 37 min 22 sec ago
- Military PHOTOS: Shirtless, Sweaty Naval Academy Freshman Climb Greased Obelisk 47 min 50 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer and Amber Tamblyn Watch Porn and Make Out 1 hour 28 sec ago
- Art When Shel Silverstein Covered Fire Island for Playboy 1 hour 9 min ago
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 1 hour 51 min ago