Far From Heaven has a hell of an opening weekend
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 12 2002 1:00 AM ET
Out director Todd Haynes's Far From Heaven, an acclaimed homage to '50s melodramas featuring a gay story line, came out of the gate with a strong weekend in limited release, reports Variety. The film grossed $207,100 on just six screens in New York City and Los Angeles, for an impressive $34,518 per-screen average. (By way of comparison, the weekend's top-grosser, the Eminem vehicle 8 Mile, made $22,050 per screen at 2,470 playdates.) Heaven will expand to 38 engagements Friday, and 250 on November 22.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'