Far From Heaven has a hell of an opening weekend
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 12 2002 1:00 AM ET
Out director Todd Haynes's Far From Heaven, an acclaimed homage to '50s melodramas featuring a gay story line, came out of the gate with a strong weekend in limited release, reports Variety. The film grossed $207,100 on just six screens in New York City and Los Angeles, for an impressive $34,518 per-screen average. (By way of comparison, the weekend's top-grosser, the Eminem vehicle 8 Mile, made $22,050 per screen at 2,470 playdates.) Heaven will expand to 38 engagements Friday, and 250 on November 22.
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- Antigay Ark. Rally Eclipsed by Protesters Shouting 'Love Is Love'
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument
- Bruce Jenner's Republican Revelation Draws Anger, Praise