Alan Ball screenplay gets rewrite
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 14 2002 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Alan Ball's screenplay for Downtown, a period drama for Playtone Pictures, is being rewritten by Scott Frank (Out of Sight). It is hoped that the film will reteam Tom Hanks, who would play a gay detective in the 1960s, with his Apollo 13 director, Ron Howard.
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Abby Wambach on Winning, her Wife, and the Elusive World Cup
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Demi Lovato Falls Promoting Bi-Curious Anthem, Embraces Accident with Video Post