Alan Ball screenplay gets rewrite
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 14 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Alan Ball's screenplay for Downtown, a period drama for Playtone Pictures, is being rewritten by Scott Frank (Out of Sight). It is hoped that the film will reteam Tom Hanks, who would play a gay detective in the 1960s, with his Apollo 13 director, Ron Howard.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet