Alan Ball screenplay gets rewrite
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 14 2002 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Alan Ball's screenplay for Downtown, a period drama for Playtone Pictures, is being rewritten by Scott Frank (Out of Sight). It is hoped that the film will reteam Tom Hanks, who would play a gay detective in the 1960s, with his Apollo 13 director, Ron Howard.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- WATCH: Nebraska Woman Is Suing All 'Homosexuals' on Behalf of God
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender