Elton John's next spectacle: auctioning off his eyewear
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 15 2002 1:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that out pop idol Sir Elton John plans to auction off his extensive collection of spectacles after he gets laser corrective eye surgery next year. John, who is said to have some 4,000 pairs of glasses and complains of never being able to find them, told a British chat show that he plans to have laser surgery in February: "I can't see anything, so why wait?" Previously the singer had three sales to rid himself of clothes from his vast and outrageous wardrobe; the most recent, in 2000, raised more than £400,000 for his AIDS foundation.
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- WATCH: NOM Thinks It Has a Future (At Least Until 2016)