Elton John's next spectacle: auctioning off his eyewear
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 15 2002 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that out pop idol Sir Elton John plans to auction off his extensive collection of spectacles after he gets laser corrective eye surgery next year. John, who is said to have some 4,000 pairs of glasses and complains of never being able to find them, told a British chat show that he plans to have laser surgery in February: "I can't see anything, so why wait?" Previously the singer had three sales to rid himself of clothes from his vast and outrageous wardrobe; the most recent, in 2000, raised more than £400,000 for his AIDS foundation.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model