MGM to reissue Silkwood and Rebecca on DVD
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 27 2002 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that MGM Home Entertainment has signed a deal with Buena Vista Television to distribute 66 titles from the Buena Vista library over a five-year period. Among those titles will be Alfred Hitchcock's Rebecca (Judith Anderson's Mrs. Danvers character has long been perceived to be a lesbian obsessed with the memory of her late employer) and Mike Nichols's Silkwood (featuring Cher in a memorable supporting performance as a lesbian nuclear power plant employee). Some of the Buena Vista titles had previously been released on DVD via Anchor Bay Entertainment, but the new editions will carry new extras. Silkwood will be released in late 2003, and Rebecca is slotted for 2004.
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?