Strange Fruit best doc at Boston Jewish Fest
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 28 2002 1:00 AM ET
The 14th annual Boston Jewish Film Festival ended November 17, handing out its first audience awards. The audience selected Joel Katz's Strange Fruit as best documentary. Katz's film, a fave on this year's festival circuit, tells the story of the anti-lynching protest song of the same title, which was composed by Jewish schoolteacher Abel Meeropol and made famous by Billie Holiday. PBS will screen Strange Fruit on its series with the ITVS, Independent Lens, in April.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'