Strange Fruit best doc at Boston Jewish Fest
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 28 2002 1:00 AM ET
The 14th annual Boston Jewish Film Festival ended November 17, handing out its first audience awards. The audience selected Joel Katz's Strange Fruit as best documentary. Katz's film, a fave on this year's festival circuit, tells the story of the anti-lynching protest song of the same title, which was composed by Jewish schoolteacher Abel Meeropol and made famous by Billie Holiday. PBS will screen Strange Fruit on its series with the ITVS, Independent Lens, in April.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana