Rosie O'Donnell's partner gives birth to a girl
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 03 2002 1:00 AM ET
Rosie O'Donnell's girlfriend has given birth to a baby girl. Kelli Carpenter, the comedian and former talk-show host's longtime partner, gave birth to Vivienne Rose O'Donnell on Friday at an undisclosed New York hospital, O'Donnell spokeswoman Cindi Berger said Saturday. "Mothers and baby are just great," Berger said. The baby weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces and is 19 inches long, Berger said.
Carpenter and O'Donnell named the baby Vivienne after the main character in the book Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and Rose, after O'Donnell's mother, Roseanne, Berger said. O'Donnell has adopted three children--Parker, 7; Chelsea, 5; and Blake, 3. This is 35-year-old Carpenter's first child. Berger would not say whether O'Donnell is formally adopting Vivienne Rose.
O'Donnell ended her syndicated talk show in May and four months later left Rosie magazine, saying the publishers had stripped her of editorial control. Publishers Gruner + Jahr and O'Donnell are suing each other over the magazine's demise.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits
- Homophobe Scott Lively Will Be on Ballot for Mass. Governor
- Philly-Area Trans Teen Commits Suicide on Train Tracks
- Federal Judge Rules Florida's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional