Nathan Lane to take on Stephen Sondheim's The Frogs
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
Nathan Lane will reunite with his Producers director, Susan Stroman, for a reading of Stephen Sondheim's The Frogs in late January at Lincoln Center, reports Variety. Not only will Lane star as Dionysos, the comedy's lead character, but he will also rework the book, which Burt Shevelove adapted from Aristophanes's The Frogs for a production (featuring songs by Sondheim) performed at the Yale School of Drama in 1974. Sondheim may write additional songs for the 2003 production. The 1974 staging was performed in a Yale swimming pool and boasted a student chorus that included Meryl Streep, Sigourney Weaver, and Christopher Durang.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View