Ryan Murphy to produce TV series about plastic surgeons
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 04 2002 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that openly gay Popular creator Ryan Murphy will return to series television with Nip/Tuck, a pilot about plastic surgeons he has written for the FX cable channel. The show, about two Miami-based doctors who are best friends facing different emotional crises, will be executive-produced by Murphy, Greer Shephard, and Michael Robin. Murphy also has two big-screen projects in the hopper--he has written and will direct Why Can't I Be Audrey Hepburn for Warner Bros., and he will adapt and direct out author Augusten Burroughs's memoir Running With Scissors.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Philly Cops Search For Violent Group In Possible Hate Crime Against Gay Couple