Ryan Murphy to produce TV series about plastic surgeons
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 04 2002 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that openly gay Popular creator Ryan Murphy will return to series television with Nip/Tuck, a pilot about plastic surgeons he has written for the FX cable channel. The show, about two Miami-based doctors who are best friends facing different emotional crises, will be executive-produced by Murphy, Greer Shephard, and Michael Robin. Murphy also has two big-screen projects in the hopper--he has written and will direct Why Can't I Be Audrey Hepburn for Warner Bros., and he will adapt and direct out author Augusten Burroughs's memoir Running With Scissors.
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either