Ryan Murphy to produce TV series about plastic surgeons
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 04 2002 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that openly gay Popular creator Ryan Murphy will return to series television with Nip/Tuck, a pilot about plastic surgeons he has written for the FX cable channel. The show, about two Miami-based doctors who are best friends facing different emotional crises, will be executive-produced by Murphy, Greer Shephard, and Michael Robin. Murphy also has two big-screen projects in the hopper--he has written and will direct Why Can't I Be Audrey Hepburn for Warner Bros., and he will adapt and direct out author Augusten Burroughs's memoir Running With Scissors.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination