Ryan Murphy to produce TV series about plastic surgeons
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that openly gay Popular creator Ryan Murphy will return to series television with Nip/Tuck, a pilot about plastic surgeons he has written for the FX cable channel. The show, about two Miami-based doctors who are best friends facing different emotional crises, will be executive-produced by Murphy, Greer Shephard, and Michael Robin. Murphy also has two big-screen projects in the hopper--he has written and will direct Why Can't I Be Audrey Hepburn for Warner Bros., and he will adapt and direct out author Augusten Burroughs's memoir Running With Scissors.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6