More gay films announced in Sundance lineup
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 05 2002 1:00 AM ET
The Sundance Film Festival has completed its announcement of titles for the 2003 event, which will be held January 16-26 in Park City, Utah. Among those films of GLBT interest are:
The Event, from out Canadian director Thom Fitzgerald (The Hanging Garden, Beefcake), starring Parker Posey, Olympia Dukakis, Sarah Polley, and Don McKellar;
People I Know, a long-delayed Miramax comedy starring Al Pacino and written by gay playwright Jon Robin Baitz (The Substance of Fire);
Soldier's Girl, written by Philadelphia scenarist Ron Nyswaner, a Showtime film starring Troy Garity (Bandits) as Barry Winchell, who was murdered by his fellow soldiers over his relationship with a transsexual;
and Girls Will Be Girls, a campy midnight-movie entry about a fading starlet and her two drag queen roommates.
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy