More gay films announced in Sundance lineup
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 05 2002 1:00 AM ET
The Sundance Film Festival has completed its announcement of titles for the 2003 event, which will be held January 16-26 in Park City, Utah. Among those films of GLBT interest are:
The Event, from out Canadian director Thom Fitzgerald (The Hanging Garden, Beefcake), starring Parker Posey, Olympia Dukakis, Sarah Polley, and Don McKellar;
People I Know, a long-delayed Miramax comedy starring Al Pacino and written by gay playwright Jon Robin Baitz (The Substance of Fire);
Soldier's Girl, written by Philadelphia scenarist Ron Nyswaner, a Showtime film starring Troy Garity (Bandits) as Barry Winchell, who was murdered by his fellow soldiers over his relationship with a transsexual;
and Girls Will Be Girls, a campy midnight-movie entry about a fading starlet and her two drag queen roommates.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- WATCH: To Rand Paul, Marriage Equality Signals 'Moral Crisis'
- Artist Spotlight: Julian Hsiung