Todd Haynes plans to direct Bob Dylan biopic
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 31 2002 1:00 AM ET
Openly gay filmmaker Todd Haynes, currently enjoying kudos from critics' organizations for his widely acclaimed drama Far From Heaven, has already set his sights on his next project. The New York Post's Page Six column reports that Haynes told the Santa Maria [California] Times that his next movie will be a screen biography of music legend Bob Dylan. "I'm going to use a variety of characters to tell his story," says Haynes, who previously explored the music world in Velvet Goldmine. "It's going to show all of his changes."
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Antigay Group's Ad Tells Supreme Court: Marriage 'God's Alone to Decide'