Showtime to adapt A.M. Homes's Jack
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 24 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out director Lee Rose will direct an adaptation of A.M. Homes's novel Jack for Showtime. The book deals with a 15-year-old boy who must come to terms with his parents' divorce and the fact that his father is gay. The film will begin shooting in February with Ron Silver, Stockard Channing, and Anton Yelchin (Hearts in Atlantis) starring. A screen version of Homes's book The Safety of Objects will open theatrically later this year, directed by lesbian filmmaker Rose Troche.
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013
- Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year
- Pope Removes Hard-Line Marriage Equality Opponent From Vatican Panel
- Maddow to Putin: Ha! Take That!
- Women Kim Basinger is Sleek and Sexy in Pin-Striped Men's Suit December 18 2013 9:50 PM
- Women Op-ed: The Right's War on Christmas - The 2013 Edition! December 18 2013 9:06 PM
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening December 18 2013 7:07 PM
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India December 18 2013 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective December 18 2013 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! December 18 2013 4:49 PM
- Sports Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins at Celebrating Christmas December 18 2013 4:19 PM