Showtime to adapt A.M. Homes's Jack
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 24 2003 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out director Lee Rose will direct an adaptation of A.M. Homes's novel Jack for Showtime. The book deals with a 15-year-old boy who must come to terms with his parents' divorce and the fact that his father is gay. The film will begin shooting in February with Ron Silver, Stockard Channing, and Anton Yelchin (Hearts in Atlantis) starring. A screen version of Homes's book The Safety of Objects will open theatrically later this year, directed by lesbian filmmaker Rose Troche.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Nebraska Woman Is Suing All 'Homosexuals' on Behalf of God
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender