Showtime to adapt A.M. Homes's Jack
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 24 2003 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out director Lee Rose will direct an adaptation of A.M. Homes's novel Jack for Showtime. The book deals with a 15-year-old boy who must come to terms with his parents' divorce and the fact that his father is gay. The film will begin shooting in February with Ron Silver, Stockard Channing, and Anton Yelchin (Hearts in Atlantis) starring. A screen version of Homes's book The Safety of Objects will open theatrically later this year, directed by lesbian filmmaker Rose Troche.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- The Golden Age of Denial: Gay Bible Porn
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- Finnish Postal Service Will Release Tom of Finland Stamps
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'
- Op-ed: How Not to React When an LGBT Teacher Is Fired