Showtime to adapt A.M. Homes's Jack
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 24 2003 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out director Lee Rose will direct an adaptation of A.M. Homes's novel Jack for Showtime. The book deals with a 15-year-old boy who must come to terms with his parents' divorce and the fact that his father is gay. The film will begin shooting in February with Ron Silver, Stockard Channing, and Anton Yelchin (Hearts in Atlantis) starring. A screen version of Homes's book The Safety of Objects will open theatrically later this year, directed by lesbian filmmaker Rose Troche.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player