Chicago and The Hours among leading contenders for BAFTAs
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 28 2003 12:00 AM ET
Nominations were announced Monday for the Orange British Academy Film Awards, and Chicago and Gangs of New York received the most nominations, 12 each. The Hours picked up 11. All three films will compete for best film against The Pianist and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Out director Pedro Almodóvar's Talk to Her is also in the running for Best Film Not in the English Language. The awards will be held in London on February 23, hosted by openly gay actor-author Stephen Fry.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film
- Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 1 hour 13 min ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 1 hour 18 min ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 1 hour 27 min ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 1 hour 31 min ago
- Film Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film 1 hour 31 min ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 1 hour 40 min ago
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 1 hour 45 min ago