Chicago and The Hours among leading contenders for BAFTAs
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 28 2003 1:00 AM ET
Nominations were announced Monday for the Orange British Academy Film Awards, and Chicago and Gangs of New York received the most nominations, 12 each. The Hours picked up 11. All three films will compete for best film against The Pianist and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Out director Pedro Almodóvar's Talk to Her is also in the running for Best Film Not in the English Language. The awards will be held in London on February 23, hosted by openly gay actor-author Stephen Fry.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Alan Cumming on Getting 'Whacked' By Shia LaBeouf