Melissa Etheridge makes contribution to restore hometown carousel
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2003 1:00 AM ET
Melissa Etheridge is an organ donor--the musical kind, at any rate. Salon.com's Amy Reiter reports that the out lesbian singer has donated $15,000 to her hometown of Leavenworth, Kan., to pay for an instrument to accompany the city's historical carousel, which is being restored. A brass plaque on the carousel will be engraved in her honor.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law