Melissa Etheridge makes contribution to restore hometown carousel
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2003 12:00 AM ET
Melissa Etheridge is an organ donor--the musical kind, at any rate. Salon.com's Amy Reiter reports that the out lesbian singer has donated $15,000 to her hometown of Leavenworth, Kan., to pay for an instrument to accompany the city's historical carousel, which is being restored. A brass plaque on the carousel will be engraved in her honor.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View