Melissa Etheridge makes contribution to restore hometown carousel
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2003 1:00 AM ET
Melissa Etheridge is an organ donor--the musical kind, at any rate. Salon.com's Amy Reiter reports that the out lesbian singer has donated $15,000 to her hometown of Leavenworth, Kan., to pay for an instrument to accompany the city's historical carousel, which is being restored. A brass plaque on the carousel will be engraved in her honor.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series