Melissa Etheridge makes contribution to restore hometown carousel
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2003 1:00 AM ET
Melissa Etheridge is an organ donor--the musical kind, at any rate. Salon.com's Amy Reiter reports that the out lesbian singer has donated $15,000 to her hometown of Leavenworth, Kan., to pay for an instrument to accompany the city's historical carousel, which is being restored. A brass plaque on the carousel will be engraved in her honor.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad