Melissa Etheridge makes contribution to restore hometown carousel
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2003 1:00 AM ET
Melissa Etheridge is an organ donor--the musical kind, at any rate. Salon.com's Amy Reiter reports that the out lesbian singer has donated $15,000 to her hometown of Leavenworth, Kan., to pay for an instrument to accompany the city's historical carousel, which is being restored. A brass plaque on the carousel will be engraved in her honor.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'