Bruce Vilanch gears up for national tour of Hairspray
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 06 2003 1:00 AM ET
Comedy writer and Advocate columnist Bruce Vilanch says he's getting ready to don drag for the role of Edna Turnblad in the national touring company of the smash musical Hairspray. While the Los Angeles Times says that Vilanch is "in negotiations," he tells Advocate.com that he's preparing to make the ultimate sacrifice for the role: "I'm shaving the beard I grew in 1971 for a Marcello Mastroianni movie that still hasn't been released," says Vilanch.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'