Toni Collette signs on for Nia Vardalos's drag comedy
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 08 2003 1:00 AM ET
Toni Collette has joined the cast of Connie and Carla and will costar opposite Nia Vardalos as the two play dinner-theater singers who are forced to go undercover as drag queens in Los Angeles, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Collette became an international star lip-synching ABBA songs in Muriel's Wedding and has received acclaim for her recent roles in About a Boy and The Hours.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Alan Cumming on Getting 'Whacked' By Shia LaBeouf