Gus Van Sant wants to remake Psycho yet again
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 11 2003 1:00 AM ET
Out director Gus Van Sant (Gerry, Good Will Hunting) tells Moviehole.net that he'd like to take another crack at remaking Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, following his 1998 shot-by-shot revisiting of the horror classic. "I'm thinking of remaking Psycho again, doing a [second] remake," says the director. "The idea this time is to really change it--we're talking about doing a punk rocker setting. Viggo Mortensen [who starred in Van Sant's Psycho] suggested it. He was married to Exene Cervenka and knows all the right people to get involved--all the right punk rocker etc [sic]--so he would definitely be involved if we go ahead." Van Sant also says it's possible that Standing Room Only, his aborted mob musical that was to star John Travolta, might go back into production.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'