Williamson to write Creek sendoff
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 19 2003 1:00 AM ET
Kevin Williamson, the out creator of the WB drama Dawson's Creek, will return from his four-year hiatus to help pen the series's finale to be aired May 14, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Williamson said he was approached by the series's stars, including James Van Der Beek and Katie Holmes, as well as WB executives to help complete the two-hour episode, which shows Dawson and his friends in the future.
"Without hesitation, I said, 'Absolutely,'" Williamson said. "It's my childhood relived for the last six years in a much better way than it went around the first time." Williamson said he would donate his fee from the show to the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- The World Is Finally Ready For the Lost Recordings of '70s Gay Rockers Smokey
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride