The Matthew Shepard Story Script Honored by Writers Guild Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 27 2003 1:00 AM ET
This year the Writers Guild Awards will give its Paul Selvin Award, an honor given to a script embodying the spirit of the U.S. Constitution, to John Wierick and Jacob Krueger for their NBC script of The Matthew Shepard Story, according to The Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday. WGA West president Victoria Riskin said Wierick and Krueger "dealt with the universal issues of fear, violence, and intolerance in a way that deserves to receive special recognition for its importance." The awards will take place March 8 in both Los Angeles and New York City.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City