Will Young told to go back in closet
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 08 2003 1:00 AM ET
Ananova.com reports that openly gay British pop idol Will Young, whose first single broke first-week sales records on the British music charts, was told not to discuss his homosexulity if he wanted to have a career in the United States. Young told the British newspaper The Sun, "I've been offered a major deal, but I'm in a dilemma. They want me to keep quiet about my private life, and, worse, they've told me to get my teeth straightened. I thought they were joking, but that is the bottom line." Young says he is considering turning down the deal.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'