Writers Guild honors The Hours
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 11 2003 1:00 AM ET
David Hare's screenplay for The Hours, based on out author Michael Cunningham's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, was honored as the year's best adapted screenplay by the Writers Guild of America over the weekend. It was a rare victory over Chicago, which has already won major awards from the Directors, Producers, and Screen Actors guilds. Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine won the WGA award for best original screenplay, an unprecedented accomplishment for a nonfiction film.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating