Writers Guild honors The Hours
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 11 2003 1:00 AM ET
David Hare's screenplay for The Hours, based on out author Michael Cunningham's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, was honored as the year's best adapted screenplay by the Writers Guild of America over the weekend. It was a rare victory over Chicago, which has already won major awards from the Directors, Producers, and Screen Actors guilds. Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine won the WGA award for best original screenplay, an unprecedented accomplishment for a nonfiction film.
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Op-ed: What Barney Frank Still Gets Wrong on ENDA
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'