Writers Guild honors The Hours
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 11 2003 1:00 AM ET
David Hare's screenplay for The Hours, based on out author Michael Cunningham's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, was honored as the year's best adapted screenplay by the Writers Guild of America over the weekend. It was a rare victory over Chicago, which has already won major awards from the Directors, Producers, and Screen Actors guilds. Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine won the WGA award for best original screenplay, an unprecedented accomplishment for a nonfiction film.
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- Diversity and the Dark Knight
- The Hidden Message in Supreme Court's Recent Marriage Rulings
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- #27BiStories: When Did You Come Out? What Was the Response Like?