Writers Guild honors The Hours
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 11 2003 1:00 AM ET
David Hare's screenplay for The Hours, based on out author Michael Cunningham's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, was honored as the year's best adapted screenplay by the Writers Guild of America over the weekend. It was a rare victory over Chicago, which has already won major awards from the Directors, Producers, and Screen Actors guilds. Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine won the WGA award for best original screenplay, an unprecedented accomplishment for a nonfiction film.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: Bruce LaBruce at MoMA