Shankman and Martin to reteam for Topper remake
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 12 2003 12:00 AM ET
Adam Shankman, the gay director behind the weekend's top grosser, Bringing Down the House, will reunite with House star Steve Martin for a remake of the 1937 comedy Topper, reports Variety. The original starred Cary Grant and Constance Bennett as two playful ghosts who try to teach their stuffy friend Cosmo Topper (Roland Young) to enjoy life. No start date has been set, and it has not confirmed if Topper will be Shankman's next directorial project.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Art on the Edge in a Warm Climate
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls