Shankman and Martin to reteam for Topper remake
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 12 2003 1:00 AM ET
Adam Shankman, the gay director behind the weekend's top grosser, Bringing Down the House, will reunite with House star Steve Martin for a remake of the 1937 comedy Topper, reports Variety. The original starred Cary Grant and Constance Bennett as two playful ghosts who try to teach their stuffy friend Cosmo Topper (Roland Young) to enjoy life. No start date has been set, and it has not confirmed if Topper will be Shankman's next directorial project.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'