Firebrand Books purchased out of bankruptcy
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 15 2003 1:00 AM ET
Firebrand Books, the feminist and lesbian publishing house best known for printing the works of such writers as Dorothy Allison, Alison Bechdel, and Advocate columnist Riki Wilchins, has been purchased out of bankruptcy. "The sale enables this valuable asset of the feminist community to live on," said publisher Karen Oosterhous, who is currently creating the company's first spring release list in three years. "Since the sale, I've heard from numbers of readers not only in the U.S. but internationally. There is an enormous amount of excitement and goodwill focused on Firebrand right now. Support for a swift recovery is strong. Readers have missed this voice, and they're ready for new titles."
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant