Firebrand Books purchased out of bankruptcy
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 15 2003 1:00 AM ET
Firebrand Books, the feminist and lesbian publishing house best known for printing the works of such writers as Dorothy Allison, Alison Bechdel, and Advocate columnist Riki Wilchins, has been purchased out of bankruptcy. "The sale enables this valuable asset of the feminist community to live on," said publisher Karen Oosterhous, who is currently creating the company's first spring release list in three years. "Since the sale, I've heard from numbers of readers not only in the U.S. but internationally. There is an enormous amount of excitement and goodwill focused on Firebrand right now. Support for a swift recovery is strong. Readers have missed this voice, and they're ready for new titles."
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media