The Deep End directors return with The Bee Season
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2003 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that the directing team behind The Deep End--Scott McGehee (the gay one) and David Siegel (the straight one)--will make The Bee Season at Fox Searchlight. The pair had previously committed to direct The Hot Zone for 20th Century Fox but ditched it and made a beeline to Season when they realized that the latter project was more in line with their sensibilities. Season tells the story of how a family unravels as the 11-year-old daughter becomes a national spelling champion.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Op-ed: How the Voices of Children Have Helped Turn the Tide on Marriage Equality