Harvey Fierstein to star in ABC sitcom produced by Zadan and Meron
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 08 2003 12:00 AM ET
Harvey Fierstein, currently starring on Broadway as mom Edna Turnblad in Hairspray, will don a new apron in a sitcom currently being developed at ABC, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The series would feature Fierstein playing the mother in a blue-collar domestic comedy that would be produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, the openly gay moguls behind Me and My Shadows: Life With Judy Garland and the Oscar-winning Chicago. Zadan, Meron, and Fierstein are looking for a writer for the project, with the hopes of shooting a pilot in New York in late summer, after Fierstein ends his Hairspray run in August.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.