Harvey Fierstein to star in ABC sitcom produced by Zadan and Meron
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 08 2003 12:00 AM ET
Harvey Fierstein, currently starring on Broadway as mom Edna Turnblad in Hairspray, will don a new apron in a sitcom currently being developed at ABC, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The series would feature Fierstein playing the mother in a blue-collar domestic comedy that would be produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, the openly gay moguls behind Me and My Shadows: Life With Judy Garland and the Oscar-winning Chicago. Zadan, Meron, and Fierstein are looking for a writer for the project, with the hopes of shooting a pilot in New York in late summer, after Fierstein ends his Hairspray run in August.
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'