Tom King, author of The Operator, dead at 39
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 15 2003 12:00 AM ET
The media Web site Poynter.org has posted an internal Wall Street Journal memo stating that writer Tom King died Sunday morning at the age of 39. King was the Journal's Hollywood columnist and author of The Operator, a controversial biography of openly gay entertainment mogul David Geffen. The cause of death was unknown, but an autopsy is planned. King is survived by his partner, Ken Miller; his parents; a brother; and a sister.
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion