Tom King, author of The Operator, dead at 39
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 15 2003 12:00 AM ET
The media Web site Poynter.org has posted an internal Wall Street Journal memo stating that writer Tom King died Sunday morning at the age of 39. King was the Journal's Hollywood columnist and author of The Operator, a controversial biography of openly gay entertainment mogul David Geffen. The cause of death was unknown, but an autopsy is planned. King is survived by his partner, Ken Miller; his parents; a brother; and a sister.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?