Tom King, author of The Operator, dead at 39
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 15 2003 12:00 AM ET
The media Web site Poynter.org has posted an internal Wall Street Journal memo stating that writer Tom King died Sunday morning at the age of 39. King was the Journal's Hollywood columnist and author of The Operator, a controversial biography of openly gay entertainment mogul David Geffen. The cause of death was unknown, but an autopsy is planned. King is survived by his partner, Ken Miller; his parents; a brother; and a sister.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Governors of Connecticut, New York, and Washington Ban Travel to Indiana