Gay.com announces "Hottest Hunk" contest
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 18 2003 12:00 AM ET
E! reality TV star Anna Nicole Smith, out writer and advice columnist Dan Savage, and drag sensation Varla Jean Merman will be the celebrity judges for a new contest being sponsored by the Web site Gay.com titled "Beefcake: The Search for Gay.com's Hottest Hunk." Called an "online beauty (or bootie) pageant" by the sponsors, the hunk battle has been created to promote the Web site's online dating services and chat rooms, which a spokesperson noted "have been matching up eligible gay singles all over the world for years." Those men interested in entering can find an online registration form on the site; the announced deadline is Tuesday, April 22. Gay.com staffers will select 50 finalists, who will then be assessed by the celebrity judges. The three-person panel are scheduled to select 10 finalists by Tuesday, April 29, and Gay.com visitors will then vote for the "hottest hunk." Voting is currently set to end May 8. "Our celebrity judges are guaranteed to make this contest unforgettable," the spokesperson promised.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong