Brooke Shields's father dies
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 01 2003 12:00 AM ET
Frank Shields, father of gay-friendly actor Brooke Shields, passed away Saturday, April 26, in Palm Beach, Fla., after battling prostate cancer for several years. He was 61. Brooke Shields, who appeared on the cover of the April 25, 2000, Advocate, described her father as living in a much more traditional world than the hip, gay-adjacent milieu occupied by Shields and her mother, Teri. After that Advocate cover, Shields won the lead role as a lesbian mom the following year in the TV film What Makes a Family, from out executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. Shields and comedy-writer husband Chris Henchy are expecting their first child this summer.
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Why Are We Gay?
- Freeheld: Love In the Time of Cancer
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves