Brooke Shields's father dies
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 30 2003 11:00 PM ET
Frank Shields, father of gay-friendly actor Brooke Shields, passed away Saturday, April 26, in Palm Beach, Fla., after battling prostate cancer for several years. He was 61. Brooke Shields, who appeared on the cover of the April 25, 2000, Advocate, described her father as living in a much more traditional world than the hip, gay-adjacent milieu occupied by Shields and her mother, Teri. After that Advocate cover, Shields won the lead role as a lesbian mom the following year in the TV film What Makes a Family, from out executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. Shields and comedy-writer husband Chris Henchy are expecting their first child this summer.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?