Sondheim's The Frogs to hop back in the pool in Chicago in 2004
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2003 12:00 AM ET
Playbill On-Line reports that Stephen Sondheim and Burt Shevelove's offbeat musical The Frogs will be staged in its original swimming-pool concept in spring 2004 in Chicago. The city's esteemed non-Equity troupe Pegasus Players will present the show April 8 through May 5, 2004. The Frogs, based on a play written by Aristophanes in 450 B.C., is also being eyed for a revised revival at New York's Lincoln Center Theatre under the guidance of actor-writer Nathan Lane and director-choreographer Susan Stroman. The show premiered in 1974 at the Yale swimming pool in a still-remembered production starring young thespians Christopher Durang, Meryl Streep, and Sigourney Weaver, among others.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times