Sondheim's The Frogs to hop back in the pool in Chicago in 2004
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2003 12:00 AM ET
Playbill On-Line reports that Stephen Sondheim and Burt Shevelove's offbeat musical The Frogs will be staged in its original swimming-pool concept in spring 2004 in Chicago. The city's esteemed non-Equity troupe Pegasus Players will present the show April 8 through May 5, 2004. The Frogs, based on a play written by Aristophanes in 450 B.C., is also being eyed for a revised revival at New York's Lincoln Center Theatre under the guidance of actor-writer Nathan Lane and director-choreographer Susan Stroman. The show premiered in 1974 at the Yale swimming pool in a still-remembered production starring young thespians Christopher Durang, Meryl Streep, and Sigourney Weaver, among others.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Marriage Equality Supporter Featured in Mormon Anti-Marriage Equality Post
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality