Entertainer Seth Rudetsky starts "Senator Rick Santorum Fund" to benefit ESPA
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 13 2003 12:00 AM ET
Out cabaret performer Seth Rudetsky, who is currently performing his one-man show Rhapsody in Seth at New York's Actor's Playhouse, is raising money for the Empire State Pride Agenda in the name of Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum, who recently gave an interview comparing homosexuality to bigamy, polygamy, incest, and adultery. "This is a true American!" says Rudetsky in a statement. "Talk about liberty and justice for all, [Santorum] is seeing to it that we homosexuals have the same rights and protections as bigamists and adulterers! So as a thank-you to the senator for looking out for rights of gay people everywhere, my off-Broadway comedy, Rhapsody in Seth, is instituting the Senator Rick Santorum Fund through which 5% of every ticket sale will be donated to the Empire State Pride Agenda in the Santorum name. Thanks, Rick!"
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Might Even Antonin Scalia Say Kim Davis Should Resign?