Entertainer Seth Rudetsky starts "Senator Rick Santorum Fund" to benefit ESPA
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 13 2003 12:00 AM ET
Out cabaret performer Seth Rudetsky, who is currently performing his one-man show Rhapsody in Seth at New York's Actor's Playhouse, is raising money for the Empire State Pride Agenda in the name of Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum, who recently gave an interview comparing homosexuality to bigamy, polygamy, incest, and adultery. "This is a true American!" says Rudetsky in a statement. "Talk about liberty and justice for all, [Santorum] is seeing to it that we homosexuals have the same rights and protections as bigamists and adulterers! So as a thank-you to the senator for looking out for rights of gay people everywhere, my off-Broadway comedy, Rhapsody in Seth, is instituting the Senator Rick Santorum Fund through which 5% of every ticket sale will be donated to the Empire State Pride Agenda in the Santorum name. Thanks, Rick!"
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'