Dawson's Creek finale breaks ratings records for the WB
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
Wednesday's airing of the final episode of Dawson's Creek--written by the show's openly gay creator, Kevin Williamson--scored some of the highest demographic ratings in the eight-year history of the WB network, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Even facing competition from the penultimate American Idol results show, the Dawson's finale drew 7.3 million viewers, including strong numbers among adults 18-34 (6.6 rating/18 share) and women 18-34 (9.1 rating/21 share).
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women