Gregg Araki to bring Mysterious Skin to the big screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 31 2003 12:00 AM ET
Queer filmmaker Gregg Araki (The Living End, Splendor) will direct a screen version of Scott Heim's acclaimed novel Mysterious Skin, reports indieWIRE.com. Araki says he was moved to tears when he first read the novel in 1996. Casting is currently under way to find the leads in the film, who will appear at ages 8 and 18. San Francisco's New Conservatory Theatre is currently presenting a stage version of Heim's book.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'