Gregg Araki to bring Mysterious Skin to the big screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 31 2003 12:00 AM ET
Queer filmmaker Gregg Araki (The Living End, Splendor) will direct a screen version of Scott Heim's acclaimed novel Mysterious Skin, reports indieWIRE.com. Araki says he was moved to tears when he first read the novel in 1996. Casting is currently under way to find the leads in the film, who will appear at ages 8 and 18. San Francisco's New Conservatory Theatre is currently presenting a stage version of Heim's book.
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'