Gregg Araki to bring Mysterious Skin to the big screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 31 2003 12:00 AM ET
Queer filmmaker Gregg Araki (The Living End, Splendor) will direct a screen version of Scott Heim's acclaimed novel Mysterious Skin, reports indieWIRE.com. Araki says he was moved to tears when he first read the novel in 1996. Casting is currently under way to find the leads in the film, who will appear at ages 8 and 18. San Francisco's New Conservatory Theatre is currently presenting a stage version of Heim's book.
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Federal Judge Rules Florida's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.