Hairspray recoups its investment
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 03 2003 12:00 AM ET
Playbill On-Line reports that the Tony-nominated hit musical Hairspray has returned its entire $10.5 million investment, according to the show's producer, Margo Lion. The first national tour of the show will open this fall in Baltimore, with Advocate columnist Bruce Vilanch in the lead role of Edna Turnblad.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'