Hairspray recoups its investment
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 03 2003 12:00 AM ET
Playbill On-Line reports that the Tony-nominated hit musical Hairspray has returned its entire $10.5 million investment, according to the show's producer, Margo Lion. The first national tour of the show will open this fall in Baltimore, with Advocate columnist Bruce Vilanch in the lead role of Edna Turnblad.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- New ABC Talker Laura Ingraham Has Antigay Record
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend