Zadan and Meron to create miniseries about the Reagans
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 06 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Chicago) are collaborating with Sony Pictures Television and CBS to create a four-hour miniseries about Ronald and Nancy Reagan. The project would reteam the duo with their Life With Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows director, Robert Allan Ackerman, and if negotiations are successful, Garland's Judy Davis would sign on to play the former first lady. The miniseries will be based on Carl Anthony's book First Ladies and is scheduled to air during the 2003-2004 season. The Reagans is said to be an epic that will follow Ronald Reagan from his days as a young Hollywood contract player in the 1940s through his presidency in the 1980s.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Right-Wingers Claim Gay Republicans Are 'Wrong,' 'Terrible Role Models'
- Will PrEP Make Gay Men Stop Using Condoms?
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'