Zadan and Meron to create miniseries about the Reagans
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 06 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Chicago) are collaborating with Sony Pictures Television and CBS to create a four-hour miniseries about Ronald and Nancy Reagan. The project would reteam the duo with their Life With Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows director, Robert Allan Ackerman, and if negotiations are successful, Garland's Judy Davis would sign on to play the former first lady. The miniseries will be based on Carl Anthony's book First Ladies and is scheduled to air during the 2003-2004 season. The Reagans is said to be an epic that will follow Ronald Reagan from his days as a young Hollywood contract player in the 1940s through his presidency in the 1980s.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Why Does Vogue Think Bisexuality Is a Phase?