Male fans throw underwear at Rolling Stones show
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 07 2003 12:00 AM ET
Mick Jagger, staring 60 in the face, lamented the lack of women's lingerie thrown onstage at a Rolling Stones concert in Germany--but said that a few pairs of men's underpants were hurled from the crowd. Jagger, 59, said on Thursday there seemed to be fewer women in the crowd at the start of the European leg of the Rolling Stones "40 Licks" tour in Munich's Olympia Hall on Wednesday. "It was all men," Jagger said at a news conference, noting a lamentable absence of the lingerie that is normally thrown at the band from the audience. However, he said, he did see a few pairs of large men's underpants on the stage. "I don't know what that says," Jagger said, laughing. "They left all the girls at home or whatever, I don't know. Usually we get a few bits of underwear on the stage. Last night there were a few Y-fronts."
A sell-out crowd of 12,000 cheered the rock band's two-hour show. "I think it's a great place for us, big crowd, people turn up," Jagger said. "That's where you want to start. You don't want start in place that's slightly marginal, a small place where you are not sure of your audience."
- WATCH: Many Positive Reactions to TIm Cook's Coming-Out — and One Truly Horrid One
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Ask a Doctor: What’s Stopping Us From Talking About PrEP?
- Op-ed: It Is Time to End Bottom-Shaming
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial