Strand acquires A Thousand Clouds...
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 10 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Strand Releasing has acquired Julian Hernandez's new film about a gay teenager in Mexico City. It premiered at the 2003 Berlin Film Festival--and won the Teddy award there--under the title A Thousand Clouds of Peace Fence the Sky, Love; Your Being Love Will Never End; it is expected to go out under the shorter title A Thousand Clouds... in North America. The film tells the story of a teenager's search for comfort in a series of sexual encounters after breaking up with his boyfriend. Strand has also bought North American rights to the German drama The Child I Never Was and the Danish comedy Shake It All About.
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- In Their Own Words: Men of Color Explain Why They Take PrEP