Toto keyboardist to transition from male to female
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 14 2003 12:00 AM ET
David Paich, keyboardist for the band Toto, will sit out the group's summer tour because the musician is having gender-reassignment surgery. The group's Steve Lukather announces on the band's official Web site, "David will be missing the summer tour due to a sex change operation. His dreams of becoming who he REALLY is, a woman, need to be realized. The lie he has been living has been difficult for his family and for us as a band. It will be our pleasure to introduce 'Davida' in the fall. This has been a long time coming, and we wish him a quick, healthy recovery. We are pleased to announce that Greg Phillinganes, most notable of the Eric Clapton band, will be joining Luke, Mike, Simon, and Bobby for the tour." Toto is best known for the '80s hits "Rosanna" and "Africa."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar