Toto keyboardist to transition from male to female
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 13 2003 11:00 PM ET
David Paich, keyboardist for the band Toto, will sit out the group's summer tour because the musician is having gender-reassignment surgery. The group's Steve Lukather announces on the band's official Web site, "David will be missing the summer tour due to a sex change operation. His dreams of becoming who he REALLY is, a woman, need to be realized. The lie he has been living has been difficult for his family and for us as a band. It will be our pleasure to introduce 'Davida' in the fall. This has been a long time coming, and we wish him a quick, healthy recovery. We are pleased to announce that Greg Phillinganes, most notable of the Eric Clapton band, will be joining Luke, Mike, Simon, and Bobby for the tour." Toto is best known for the '80s hits "Rosanna" and "Africa."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View