Colin Farrell considered to play John Rechy on film
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 16 2003 11:00 PM ET
Columnist Liz Smith reports that actor Colin Farrell, soon to be seen as bisexual conqueror Alexander the Great in Oliver Stone's upcoming epic, is being sought to play legendary gay author John Rechy. Charles Casillo's recent Rechy biography, Outlaw, is heading for the big screen, and author Casillo hopes that Farrell will play the hustler-turned-novelist. In Smith's words, Farrell is "an irresistible antihero--he's good, he's bad, but he's never evil."
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet