Colin Farrell considered to play John Rechy on film
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
Columnist Liz Smith reports that actor Colin Farrell, soon to be seen as bisexual conqueror Alexander the Great in Oliver Stone's upcoming epic, is being sought to play legendary gay author John Rechy. Charles Casillo's recent Rechy biography, Outlaw, is heading for the big screen, and author Casillo hopes that Farrell will play the hustler-turned-novelist. In Smith's words, Farrell is "an irresistible antihero--he's good, he's bad, but he's never evil."
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Right-Wingers Claim Gay Republicans Are 'Wrong,' 'Terrible Role Models'
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality