Colin Farrell considered to play John Rechy on film
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
Columnist Liz Smith reports that actor Colin Farrell, soon to be seen as bisexual conqueror Alexander the Great in Oliver Stone's upcoming epic, is being sought to play legendary gay author John Rechy. Charles Casillo's recent Rechy biography, Outlaw, is heading for the big screen, and author Casillo hopes that Farrell will play the hustler-turned-novelist. In Smith's words, Farrell is "an irresistible antihero--he's good, he's bad, but he's never evil."
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet