Colin Farrell considered to play John Rechy on film
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
Columnist Liz Smith reports that actor Colin Farrell, soon to be seen as bisexual conqueror Alexander the Great in Oliver Stone's upcoming epic, is being sought to play legendary gay author John Rechy. Charles Casillo's recent Rechy biography, Outlaw, is heading for the big screen, and author Casillo hopes that Farrell will play the hustler-turned-novelist. In Smith's words, Farrell is "an irresistible antihero--he's good, he's bad, but he's never evil."
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: Kansas Gov. Stands Behind Marriage Ban, Decries 'Liberal Judges'
- In Their Own Words: Men of Color Explain Why They Take PrEP
- N.C. Senate Leader Seeks to Let County Officials Opt Out of Same-Sex Marriages