Colin Farrell considered to play John Rechy on film
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
Columnist Liz Smith reports that actor Colin Farrell, soon to be seen as bisexual conqueror Alexander the Great in Oliver Stone's upcoming epic, is being sought to play legendary gay author John Rechy. Charles Casillo's recent Rechy biography, Outlaw, is heading for the big screen, and author Casillo hopes that Farrell will play the hustler-turned-novelist. In Smith's words, Farrell is "an irresistible antihero--he's good, he's bad, but he's never evil."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- WATCH: The Surprising Way GOP Candidates Define 'Discrimination'