Toto just kidding about sex change, says band
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 16 2003 11:00 PM ET
Toto has had to backpedal after making a joke about drummer David Paich's absence this summer. The band posted a message on its Web site saying Paich would miss the summer tour because he would be undergoing a sex-change operation. Guitarist Steve Lukather had said Paich had dreamed of being a woman and they would be introducing "Davida" this fall.
It's all just a joke. The band says the part about Paich being off the tour is true, but not because of an operation. Paich will be staying home because of the serious illness of a family member. Band members say they didn't expect so many people to believe the sex-change story, especially media outlets. Lukather says he's sorry the joke got out of control, adding that "one look at Dave, and you would see it's an impossible story."
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional 2 hours 29 min ago
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs 2 hours 42 min ago
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth 3:37 PM
- Entertainment News Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad 3:36 PM
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert on the Pressure for People Like Maria Bello to Come Out 3:17 PM
- Women Ms. Fit: A Lesbian-Friendly, Feminist Fitness Mag for All Women 2:47 PM
- Women Who Was Broadway Producer and Lesbian Cheryl Crawford? 2:41 PM