here! Films launches pay-per-view service
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 08 2003 12:00 AM ET
Gay and lesbian films will have a new television outlet with the launch of here! Pay Per View on August 29. An offshoot of here! Films--Regent Entertainment's division for gay- and lesbian-themed cinema--the channel will be available to DirecTV subscribers on channel 170 and will offer two to six pay-per-view premieres per month for $3.99 per movie. Kicking things off on here! Pay Per View will be the television premiere of Del Shores's Sordid Lives, starring Olivia Newton-John, Beau Bridges, and Delta Burke. "It has been long recognized that the gay and lesbian niche market is dramatically underserved in the television world," said Regent cofounder Paul Colichman in a statement. "We are dedicated towards designing here! Pay Per View as a program service that will provide entertainment to all viewers while it fosters understanding of the gay and lesbian community."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'
- South Dakota AG: Clerks Can Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed