here! Films launches pay-per-view service
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 07 2003 11:00 PM ET
Gay and lesbian films will have a new television outlet with the launch of here! Pay Per View on August 29. An offshoot of here! Films--Regent Entertainment's division for gay- and lesbian-themed cinema--the channel will be available to DirecTV subscribers on channel 170 and will offer two to six pay-per-view premieres per month for $3.99 per movie. Kicking things off on here! Pay Per View will be the television premiere of Del Shores's Sordid Lives, starring Olivia Newton-John, Beau Bridges, and Delta Burke. "It has been long recognized that the gay and lesbian niche market is dramatically underserved in the television world," said Regent cofounder Paul Colichman in a statement. "We are dedicated towards designing here! Pay Per View as a program service that will provide entertainment to all viewers while it fosters understanding of the gay and lesbian community."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View