here! Films launches pay-per-view service
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 08 2003 12:00 AM ET
Gay and lesbian films will have a new television outlet with the launch of here! Pay Per View on August 29. An offshoot of here! Films--Regent Entertainment's division for gay- and lesbian-themed cinema--the channel will be available to DirecTV subscribers on channel 170 and will offer two to six pay-per-view premieres per month for $3.99 per movie. Kicking things off on here! Pay Per View will be the television premiere of Del Shores's Sordid Lives, starring Olivia Newton-John, Beau Bridges, and Delta Burke. "It has been long recognized that the gay and lesbian niche market is dramatically underserved in the television world," said Regent cofounder Paul Colichman in a statement. "We are dedicated towards designing here! Pay Per View as a program service that will provide entertainment to all viewers while it fosters understanding of the gay and lesbian community."
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Op-ed: How Laramie Finally Made Judy Shepard Proud