Adam Shankman cuts a deal with 20th Century Fox TV
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out director Adam Shankman (Bringing Down the House, The Wedding Planner) is making tracks to the small screen. He's signed a one-year overall deal for his Offspring Entertainment shingle with 20th Century Fox TV with his production partner (and sister) Jennifer Gibgot to develop and produce half-hour and hour-long projects. Shankman is expected to direct at least one pilot; he's done that already with Splitsville, a drama pilot shot earlier this year that didn't get picked up. But Shankman's work on the pilot impressed the studio enough to lead to the deal.
Shankman's feature film career continues apace; he's currently attached to direct Enchanted for Disney and a live-action version of The Jetsons for Warner Bros.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar