Adam Shankman cuts a deal with 20th Century Fox TV
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out director Adam Shankman (Bringing Down the House, The Wedding Planner) is making tracks to the small screen. He's signed a one-year overall deal for his Offspring Entertainment shingle with 20th Century Fox TV with his production partner (and sister) Jennifer Gibgot to develop and produce half-hour and hour-long projects. Shankman is expected to direct at least one pilot; he's done that already with Splitsville, a drama pilot shot earlier this year that didn't get picked up. But Shankman's work on the pilot impressed the studio enough to lead to the deal.
Shankman's feature film career continues apace; he's currently attached to direct Enchanted for Disney and a live-action version of The Jetsons for Warner Bros.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs