Memorial to Benjamin Britten to be erected in Britain
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 26 2003 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that gay composer Benjamin Britten will be memorialized with a sculpture that will recall his contribution to the cultural life of the coastal Aldeburgh region in Great Britain. Suffolk-based artist and sculptor Maggi Hambling has created a metal piece in the shape of giant seashells, 11 feet high by 16 feet wide. Britten, best known for his operas Peter Grimes and Billy Budd, was born in Suffolk and died in 1976. The sculpture is scheduled to be unveiled in September.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'