I Am My Own Wife headed for Broadway
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 05 2003 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that I Am My Own Wife, the story of German transvestite Charlotte von Mahlsdorf's survival of both the Nazi and Communist regimes, is headed for Broadway. The show, by out author Doug Wright (Quills) will be presented by producer David Richenthal at the Lyceum Theatre this fall on the heels of a successful extended run at Playwrights Horizons. Wife will face competition from two other gay stage biographies: The Boy From Oz, opening October 16, stars Hugh Jackman as singer-songwriter Peter Allen, while Taboo, opening November 13, is based on the life of Boy George and artist Leigh Bowery.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship