I Am My Own Wife headed for Broadway
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 06 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that I Am My Own Wife, the story of German transvestite Charlotte von Mahlsdorf's survival of both the Nazi and Communist regimes, is headed for Broadway. The show, by out author Doug Wright (Quills) will be presented by producer David Richenthal at the Lyceum Theatre this fall on the heels of a successful extended run at Playwrights Horizons. Wife will face competition from two other gay stage biographies: The Boy From Oz, opening October 16, stars Hugh Jackman as singer-songwriter Peter Allen, while Taboo, opening November 13, is based on the life of Boy George and artist Leigh Bowery.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Might Even Antonin Scalia Say Kim Davis Should Resign?