Tony Kushner at work on Eugene O'Neill movie
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 07 2003 12:00 AM ET
Playbill.com reports that out playwright Tony Kushner is busy writing a screenplay about Eugene O'Neill for openly gay producer Scott Rudin (The Hours). "It's based on an event in [O'Neill's] life," Kushner tells Playbill.com. "One little event. It's not a biopic." This project comes in the middle of a busy year for Kushner: Chicago and Los Angeles will see productions of Kushner's rewritten Homebody/Kabul; his new musical Caroline, or Change is set to premiere this fall at the Public Theater in New York City' and his television adaptation of his two-part, Pulitzer-winning Angels in America will debut on HBO in December.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Over 100 Photos Of DC Black Pride
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison