Ellen DeGeneres to be one of nine Emmy hosts
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 09 2003 12:00 AM ET
TV Guide Online reports that Fox has decided to have nine celebrities host the upcoming 55th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, and one of them will be Ellen DeGeneres, whose 2001 stint as host was widely acclaimed. Joining DeGeneres as emcee this year will be fellow former hosts Conan O'Brien and Garry Shandling, along with Brad Garrett, Wanda Sykes, George Lopez, Martin Short, Jon Stewart, and Darrell Hammond. "We've searched high and low to find the funniest people in California who are not running for governor," quipped Television Academy chairman Bryce Zabel. "It was a challenge, but this all-star comedy team promises to make America laugh without asking for a campaign contribution." The Emmys will air Sunday, September 21, on Fox.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad