Ellen DeGeneres to be one of nine Emmy hosts
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 09 2003 12:00 AM ET
TV Guide Online reports that Fox has decided to have nine celebrities host the upcoming 55th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, and one of them will be Ellen DeGeneres, whose 2001 stint as host was widely acclaimed. Joining DeGeneres as emcee this year will be fellow former hosts Conan O'Brien and Garry Shandling, along with Brad Garrett, Wanda Sykes, George Lopez, Martin Short, Jon Stewart, and Darrell Hammond. "We've searched high and low to find the funniest people in California who are not running for governor," quipped Television Academy chairman Bryce Zabel. "It was a challenge, but this all-star comedy team promises to make America laugh without asking for a campaign contribution." The Emmys will air Sunday, September 21, on Fox.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor