Nathan Lane confirmed to star in Butley in Boston
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 09 2003 12:00 AM ET
While speculation abounds over whether Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick will return to Broadway's The Producers, Playbill.com reports that Boston's Huntington Theatre Company has confirmed that Lane will star in their production of Butley during the 2003-2004 season. The Simon Gray comedy is currently scheduled to run from January 2 through February 1, but those dates could be changed within the season to accommodate Lane's return to The Producers, if it happens.
Not that Lane has lots of free dates during the season. The out actor is currently scheduled to play Dalton Trumbo in Trumbo at Lincoln Center from August 26 through September 21. In June 2004, he will star in a new production of Stephen Sondheim's The Frogs, which he is also helping to rewrite.
- WATCH: Australian Model Ruby Rose Comes Out as Gender Fluid
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Larry King Is Confused By Anna Paquin's 'Non-Practicing' Bisexuality
- The Daily Show's Unforgettable Takedown of Andrew Shirvell
- Tyler Oakley Could Be The First Gay Person You Ever Met