Nathan Lane confirmed to star in Butley in Boston
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 08 2003 11:00 PM ET
While speculation abounds over whether Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick will return to Broadway's The Producers, Playbill.com reports that Boston's Huntington Theatre Company has confirmed that Lane will star in their production of Butley during the 2003-2004 season. The Simon Gray comedy is currently scheduled to run from January 2 through February 1, but those dates could be changed within the season to accommodate Lane's return to The Producers, if it happens.
Not that Lane has lots of free dates during the season. The out actor is currently scheduled to play Dalton Trumbo in Trumbo at Lincoln Center from August 26 through September 21. In June 2004, he will star in a new production of Stephen Sondheim's The Frogs, which he is also helping to rewrite.
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- STUDY: Gay Sex Helps Humans Bond and Survive
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary