Elephant hits New York fest
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 19 2003 12:00 AM ET
Gus Van Sant's Elephant, the feature inspired by the notorious massacre at Columbine High School, joins the lineup at this year's New York Film Festival, opening October 3. Controversial in part for its offhand gay overtones, Elephant has been picked up for distribution by HBO Films/Fine Line Features. Clint Eastwood's Mystic River is set to open the 41st edition of the 17-day event, held at Manhattan's Lincoln Center.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children