Elephant hits New York fest
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 19 2003 12:00 AM ET
Gus Van Sant's Elephant, the feature inspired by the notorious massacre at Columbine High School, joins the lineup at this year's New York Film Festival, opening October 3. Controversial in part for its offhand gay overtones, Elephant has been picked up for distribution by HBO Films/Fine Line Features. Clint Eastwood's Mystic River is set to open the 41st edition of the 17-day event, held at Manhattan's Lincoln Center.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Surprising No One, Texas State Senate Reaffirms Opposition to Marriage Equality