Elephant hits New York fest
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 19 2003 12:00 AM ET
Gus Van Sant's Elephant, the feature inspired by the notorious massacre at Columbine High School, joins the lineup at this year's New York Film Festival, opening October 3. Controversial in part for its offhand gay overtones, Elephant has been picked up for distribution by HBO Films/Fine Line Features. Clint Eastwood's Mystic River is set to open the 41st edition of the 17-day event, held at Manhattan's Lincoln Center.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign