Roseanne not cooking on TV after all
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 19 2003 12:00 AM ET
Roseanne Barr's hysterectomy has forced the cancellation of her upcoming cooking show, Domestic Goddess, and may claim the ABC reality show leading up to it. The 50-year-old comedian-actress, known for her empathy for gay and lesbian characters, is due to undergo the operation this week. Domestic Goddess was to begin airing September 20 on the ABC Family cable channel. Production had only recently begun, and no completed episodes were available to broadcast, a network spokeswoman said. However, ABC is in the midst of airing a reality series in which cameras followed Barr as she pitched Domestic Goddess to various networks. Two half-hour episodes of The Real Roseanne Show are scheduled to air each Wednesday through September 17, setting up Domestic Goddess. Production on the ABC network shows is already complete.
ABC is taking a "hard look" at whether it should cancel the reality series as well, spokesman Kevin Brockman said Monday. One point of the ABC show was to build anticipation for Domestic Goddess, and if that series has been shelved, ABC has to decide whether it's worthwhile to continue, he said. Ratings may make the decision easier. The August 6 premiere of The Real Roseanne Show drew fewer than 5.5 million viewers, putting it at number 59 for the week.
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman 26 min 36 sec ago
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men 33 min 23 sec ago
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM